More/Less Than a Cyberfession: A few theoretical short-(cir)cu(i)ts from Learn to hear through the lies of your eyes
- Watch the recording of this presentation.
- Download the text of this presentation.
- Descargar una versión en español del texto.
- Download the chat log from this presentation and from the discussion afterwards.
Abstract: Basic conceptual structure of the critical textual cyberformance is organized around notions of the cyber-net-confessions as:
(1) an artist statement about her work in the form-of– or sound-like “confession”,
(2) performance itself as theatricalising of a confession act, and
(3) questions around issue of con-versation (ie. chat) between performers (derived from the proposed formula of UpStage e-quality: cyberaudience+cyberplayers=cyberformers), which can be viewed, problematized and discussed as element of self-expressive and con-fessional creative processes.
Bio: Miljana Perić holds an MA in ethnomusicology from the Faculty of Music in Belgrade. As a student at the Theory of Arts and Media department at the Interdisciplinary PhD studies of the University of Arts in Belgrade, she works on her thesis named “Critical and Analitical Theory and Practice of the Activist Digital Theatre”.